+ 023 8028 6300
© 2020 All rights Reserved.
We at Zenergi never underestimate that our people are what makes us great; we operate as a growing and vibrant family, a rewarding and fun place to work and are committed to personal development.
Briar is the Technical Services division of Zenergi and for over 30 years we have proudly delivered energy efficiency, carbon management and cost reduction solutions to some of the most well-known brands in the country. Our service covers everything from upfront strategic planning, right through to project management and implementation. We offer unparalleled experience, insight and practical solutions to meet the needs of our clients.
With the UK committed to achieving Net Zero by 2050 and a 68% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions on 1990 levels by 2030, and with the Government having announced a 10-point green plan as part of a “green industrial revolution”, this is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a leading consultancy in a real growth industry.
As the AutoCad Technician, your primary purpose is to provide the Design team with project support including CAD drawing work, project tasks and administrative support. You will report to the Design Manager at Briar, but the nature of the placement will also require you to work closely with other members of the department and project teams.
We are looking for someone who is a professional and multi skilled individual that can demonstrate a very high level
of focus and attention, with the confidence to approach tasks with a can-do attitude.
• To learn and practice AutoCad (AutoCad is a computer-aided design and drafting software). Training will be provided as required.
• To work as part of the Design Team, amending mechanical and electrical services drawings in AutoCad. These drawings will be marked up and checked by Senior Engineers.
• You will at times be deployed as a resource into other aspects of the department’s work, for example data input to building modelling software, data input in excel.
• You will at times be deployed as a resource into specific projects over time for the lifetime of that project, supported fully by the relevant project lead.
• For both team and project deployment, training will be provided as required.
• You will work in line with the operational structure and ‘standard expectations’, set in accordance with your deployment for that period.
• Attend regular one to one catch ups, monthly meets and PDPs where applicable.
• Collaborate within the Design team and wider Technical Services to ensure cohesive working practices.
• Remain focused on efficiency and quality at all times
• Maintain wider perspective of upcoming projects and requirements in line with your availability
• Work as part of a wider team to continuously improve processes
• 2D AutoCad or similar building design drawing or modelling software
• Numeracy skills
• Data entry experience
• Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
• Working as part of a Team
• GCSE (or equivalent) C or above – English and Maths
• 2 years previous work experience in any capacity
• Be fluent in English
• Demonstrate a positive ‘can do attitude’ and go that ‘extra mile’
• Team player who will fit into the Zenergi ethos
• Excellent communication and organisation skills
• Team Player willing to help others when required
• Ability to hit targets under pressure
• Pro-active mentality with strong multi-task and self-time management skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Job Type: Part-time (25 hours/week)
• Location: Office based (The Waterfront, Brierley Hill, West Midlands)
• Working hours: 9-2 Mon to Fri
• Salary: Kick Start Scheme Applicants Only
• Start Date: 04th May 2021
Apply now by completing the required boxes and attaching your Cover letter and CV – Please include your DWP code in the comments box.
(Selection will be via an interview process).